Dept. of Computer Science
University of Cyprus
1 University Avenue, Building FFT01, room B107
Nicosia 1678, Cyprus.
Hi, welcome to my personal website. I am currently working as a postdoctoral researcher at the Department of Computer Science of the University of Cyprus. My research lies in computer graphics and geometry processing. More specifically, I am interested in the acquisition, understanding and modeling of 3D geometry. I also teach post-graduate courses in computer graphics.
I finished my PhD at University College London in 2015, working in the Smart Geometry Processing Group. I was supervised by Prof. Niloy Mitra, working on using shape collections to develop novel representations and shape analysis algorithms for understanding, learning and using shape structure. The end goal was to develop structure-aware 3D modeling tools for effortlessly creating 3D content, thereby addressing a long-standing problem in computer graphics. In this effort, we addressed challenges in a number of areas related to discovering shape structure and employing it for 3D modeling, including: shape co-alignment, parameterizing shape collections for coupled exploration and synthesis, developing a meta-representation for shape families, and discovering recurring part arrangements. Have a look at my publications page for more information.
Before going to University College London, I got my MPhil in Advanced Computer Science from the University of Cambridge, and my BSc in Computer Science from the University of Cyprus. I grew up in Cyprus, a tiny island in the Eastern Mediterranean. Have a look at my CV for more information.
- January 2017: I will be teaching the Computer Games development (CS653) course for the summer term.
- 20 December 2016: Our paper Co-Locating Style-Defining Elements on 3D Shapes has been conditionally accepted to ACM Transactions on Graphics pending minor revisions.
- 8 December 2016: A preprint of our paper on 3D Shape Segmentation with Projective Convolutional Networks is now on arxiv. Check https://arxiv.org/abs/1612.02808.
- 1 November 2016: I started working as a postdoctoral researcher at the University of Cyprus. I will be working on deep learning for 3D geometry.
- 3 January 2016: I visited the SIAT Visual Computing Research Center in Shenzhen, China to collaborate on a project, between 3 and 21 January 2016.
- January 2016: I will be teaching the Computer Games development (CS653) and Intro to Programming (CS032) courses for the summer term.
- 12 October 2015: I visited the SIAT Visual Computing Research Center in Shenzhen, China to collaborate on a project, between 12 and 30 October 2015.
- October 2015: I started working as a ‘special scientist’ at the University of Cyprus. I will be teaching the Visual Computing (CS607) post-graduate course for the winter term.
- 1 September 2015: Officially done with my PhD! Looking for the next step now..
- 6 July 2015: Our paper Autocorrelation Descriptor for Efficient Co-alignment of 3D Shape Collections has been accepted to Computer Graphics Forum.
- 15 May 2015: I successfully defended my PhD thesis (with minor revisions)!
- September 2014: I visited the Geometric Computing Group at Stanford University for a month, to collaborate on a project with Vladimir Kim and Leonidas Guibas.
- 15th August 2014: I attended Siggraph 2014 in Vancouver, between 10 and 14 August, where I presented our work on Meta-representation of Shape Families together with Noa Fish.
- 12th April 2014: I attended Eurographics 2014 in Strasbourg, between 7 and 11 April, where I presented our work on ShapeSynth: Parameterizing Model Collections for Coupled Shape Exploration and Synthesis.
- 11th April 2014: Our paper Recurring Part Arrangements in Shape Collections received the best paper honourable mention award at Eurographics 2014.
- 22nd March 2014: Our paper Meta-representation of Shape Families has been conditionally accepted to Siggraph 2014.
- 28th February 2014: I have been awarded a bursary from the Rabin Ezra Scholarship Trust for 2014. I am very grateful to the scholarship committee for selecting me.
- 25th November 2013: Our paper ShapeSynth: Parameterizing Model Collections for Coupled Shape Exploration and Synthesis has been conditionally accepted to Eurographics 2014.
- 25th November 2013: Our paper Recurring Part Arrangements in Shape Collections has been conditionally accepted to Eurographics 2014.